- A great start for Delaware’s children so that they are the healthiest in the nation – physically, emotionally and behaviorally.
- Access for all Delaware’s children to high quality early childhood programs and professionals who are highly skilled and well-supported.
- Implementation of high-quality education and professional development across all sectors of the early childhood workforce
- An aligned and effective early learning system birth through third grade that enables all children to arrive at school ready and eager to succeed and that prepares K-12 schools to further enrich children’s early learning in ways that are developmentally appropriate.
- Sustainable system improvement: policies, programs and partnerships that address the comprehensive developmental needs of all children and are adequately supported and funded over time.
The purpose of the DAEYC Public Policy Committee is to educate, advocate for and implement early care and education policies that support the well being of Delaware’s children, families and early childhood professionals.