Advocacy happens year round! The 2017 Advocacy Day event in Dover, held May 10, 2017 was a great success! Check out some of the photos from the events!
The Advocacy Day committee will be meeting again in October to start planing the 2018 Advocacy Day events, please let us know if you are interested in helping plan the event!
Your voice can still be heard – your elected officials need to hear from you and now is the time to tell your story.
You can do that by:
- Writing a letter to mail or email to your State Representative or Senator
- Calling your State Representative or Senator
- Requesting a meeting with your State Representative or Senator
- Follow DE.AEYC on Facebook
- Need to find out who your legislator is? Visit Who Is My Legislator?
Your story can include:
- Why is high quality early learning important for my child or to me as an educator?
- My child (or the children I care for) are learning life skills – learning to learn, communicate with others, sharing and using good judgement and begin part of a larger community.
- What is your child (or children in your care) learning in their (or your) early childhood program that if preparing them to be lifelong learners?
- How do you benefit from State funding such a Purchase of Care and Tiered Reimbursement and programs funding by the State such as Delaware Stars, T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Delaware, and Child Care WAGE$ Delaware?
Do you have an event that we may be able to share with attendees how to become advocates as well? We will be happy to set up our display and encourage all to learn more about the importance of quality ece and how to share their stories!