Welcome to T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Delaware
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Delaware is a research based comprehensive strategy to educate and retain early childhood practitioners, positively impacting outcomes for the children in their care. T.E.A.C.H. (Teacher Education and Compensation Helps) is a proven effective strategy through its use of four key elements: scholarships, education, compensation and commitment. Link to Fact Sheets.
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Delaware provides scholarships for those working in licensed early care and education (ECE) or school age program in Delaware.
The four components of T.E.A.C.H. Delaware are:
- Scholarship – T.E.A.C.H. pays a percentage of the cost of tuition and books
- Education – The T.E.A.C.H. contract year covers 9-18 credit hours over one contract year, typically three consecutive semesters
- Compensation – Upon successful completion of coursework, scholarship recipients receive a $350 bonus from T.E.A.C.H. with a possible $300 bonus or a 2% raise from the sponsoring employer depending on the scholarship type
- Commitment – Recipients pledge to complete 6 to 12 months of continued service to children at their sponsoring facility or in the field of early care after the educational year depending on scholarship type
The goals of T.E.A.C.H. Delaware are:
- To provide educational scholarship opportunities for people working in licensed child care centers and family child care homes;
- To increase the knowledge base of early childhood professionals working with young children‚ thus improving the quality of care these children receive;
- To encourage child care programs to support the continuing education of their staff;
- To provide increased compensation that is directly related to increased education;
- To increase the retention rate by supporting the above goals while also requiring from participants a specified time commitment to their sponsoring program after their scholarship year;
- To provide a sequential professional development path for teachers and family child care home providers currently in the field;
- To create a model of partnership for improving the quality of care that children in child care programs in receive.
To learn more about T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® in the US, please visit http://teachecnationalcenter.org/
For questions, please contact Michelle Spencer, T.E.A.C.H. Coordinator at email@example.com