T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Delaware offers three main scholarships: CDA, Associate degree, and Bachelor degree. We currently offer scholarship to in state schools only. You can view information about their programs on our Resources page.
A general breakdown of our degree scholarships looks like:
- T.E.A.C.H. pays 85% of college tuition and related fees (scholar and sponsor each pay 7.5%)
- T.E.A.C.H. reimburses 90% of book costs
- T.E.A.C.H. gives a $150 travel stipend each active semester
- T.E.A.C.H. reimburses up to 48 hours of release time to the Sponsor
- T.E.A.C.H. pays a $500 bonus upon successful completion of a contract (9 credits with a C or higher). Sponsors also pay either a $200 bonus or a 2% increase
- Scholar commits to remaining with their Sponsoring program for one year after the completion of their contract.
If you work for a Head Start or Knowledge Universe/Kindercare please contact our office for the specific percentages as these differ for these programs.
Our CDA scholarship pays $375 of the $425 assessment fee to The Council for Professional Recognition. Upon successful completion of the CDA, T.E.A.C.H. pays a $150 bonus. T.E.A.C.H. does not pay for the training component required for the CDA. For more information on the CDA, please visit http://www.cdacouncil.org/
All teachers, directors/administrators, assistants, on-site owners, and family or large family child care staff who:
- Have a desire to earn college credit towards a national Child Development Associate Credential (CDA), an Associate degree or a Bachelor’s degree in early childhood care & education
- Work directly with the children 0 to 5 years old daily in a Delaware licensed child care program
- Are 18 years of age or older and have a GED or high school diploma
- Work directly with children at least 20 hours a week in a child care program *
- Make under $17.00/hr as a FCC provider, teacher or assistant and $20.00/hr as an Administrator
- Be authorized to work in the U.S.
- *Those interested in a Bachelor's Degree scholarship must have completed an Associate Degree or have at least 40 transferable college credits.
Eligibility is contingent upon your sponsoring employer’s participation. The scholarship is a partnership between the recipient, sponsoring employer and T.E.A.C.H. Delaware. Each partner has designated financial and service responsibilities.
- Owners of family child care homes act as their own sponsors.
- T.E.A.C.H. Delaware does not currently have a waiting list.
- Scholarships are awarded based on funding availability.
- If you have applied more than 6 months ago, you need to complete and submit a new application.
Applications and forms can be found on the Resources page.