PLEASE SEND OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS DIRECTLY TO THE WAGE$ OFFICE.
The Child Care WAGE$® Program DELAWARE
deaeyc, in consultation with the Office of Early Learning, outlines the requirements for the Child Care WAGE$® Program DELAWARE:
The early child care workforce often suffers from poor compensation and high turnover rates. The goal of this program is to stabilize the early childhood workforce, focusing on those working daily in the classroom directly with children birth through five, by providing an education-based salary supplement. Research shows that the formal education of teachers working directly with children impacts the development of children and their ability to succeed in school/life. Thus, the WAGE$® program only awards formal education. Please see the WAGE$ Levels Scale for more information. We are also pleased to share the Delaware Careers Directory with information about various careers that are available in the Early Childhood field.
The Child Care WAGE$® Program DELAWARE is committed to the following outcomes:
- Reduce turnover of qualified teachers in early childhood classrooms;
- Ensure continued and successful completion of formal education for early childhood professionals;
- Support the wages of early childhood professionals.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR CHILD CARE WAGE$® DELAWARE:
- Be employed in a licensed child care program that is participating in Stars;
- Be included in the classroom ratios with children (ages birth - 5 years) at least 10 hours per week
- Award amounts will be prorated if working part-time in the classroom;
- Must be employed a minimum of 6 months at the same program;
- Earn a wage of $17.00 or less per hour;
- Have at least 6 credits in Early Childhood Education; and
- Submit official transcripts directly to deaeyc's Child Care WAGE$® Program.
For questions, please contact Lisa Miller, email@example.com
Direct Deposit Form (Include with a voided check OR bank note)
Please view the following video on the Application Process:
Please view the following video to learn more about Commitment Periods:
To speak to the WAGE$® team directly, please call 302-764-1500 x105 or x107.