PLEASE SEND OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS DIRECTLY TO THE WAGE$® OFFICE.
The Child Care WAGE$® DELAWARE
deaeyc, in consultation with the Office of Early Learning, is announcing the requirements for the Child Care WAGE$® DELAWARE program. The early child care workforce often suffers from poor compensation and high turnover rates. The goal of this program is to stabilize the early childhood workforce, focusing on those working daily in the classroom directly with children birth through five, by providing an education-based salary supplement. Research shows that the formal education of those working directly with children impacts the development of children and their ability to succeed in school/life. Thus the WAGE$® scale only awards formal education. Please see the WAGE$® Annual Scale for more information.
Child Care WAGE$® DELAWARE is committed to the following outcomes:
- Reduce turnover of qualified teachers in early childhood classrooms;
- Ensure continued and successful completion of formal education for early childhood professionals;
- Support the wages of early childhood professionals.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR CHILD CARE WAGE$® DELAWARE:
- Employed by a 2, 3, 4 or 5 Star program;
- Work directly with children ages birth – 5 at least 10 hours per week
- Award amounts will be prorated if working part-time;
- Must be employed a minimum of 6 months at the same program;
- Earn a wage of $17.00 or less per hour;
- Have at least 6 credits in Early Childhood Education; and
- Submit official transcripts directly to deaeyc's Child Care WAGE$® Program.
For questions, please contact Eunice Yoo, WAGE$ Counselor, at firstname.lastname@example.org
To speak to the WAGE$® team directly, please call 302-764-1500 x105 or x107.